How did you first get interested in family history? A few Treelines storytellers have already shared their stories:
- Tammy’s family was found by distant relative researching her father’s forebears
- Marla wondered about the grandfather she had never met
- Taneya saw the family plot for the first time after her aunt died
Now it’s your turn! However you caught the bug, we at Treelines want to hear the story. Take a break from telling the stories of your ancestors and tell us about yourself and how you started on this amazing genealogical journey!
- Share your story publicly on the Treelines site through
July 19July 21
- Entries will be judged by Tammy Hepps, the founder of Treelines, and Maureen Taylor, the internationally recognized photo identification and family history expert
- Three winners will each win personal consultations with Maureen! Maureen believes every photo tells a story. She’s discovered how a single photo can unlock a family mystery, break down a research brick wall, or reveal a lost family story. Now’s your chance to find out more about your photos!
We’re looking for the stories that best capture the fun, wonder, self-discovery, and, well, increasing obsessiveness of our beloved hobby. We’re also looking for stories that are well-written, illustrated with captivating photographs, and take full advantage of the Treelines storybuilder’s capabilities.*
If you’re new to Treelines, you should read our basic user guide and our family tree guide to get familiar with all the different capabilities of the tool. Make sure your story incorporates lots of pictures and is accompanied by great Treelines with the relevant people and dates from your family tree.
- Become a registered user of Treelines
- Write your story using the Treelines storybuilder. One way to launch the storybuilder is to click the green “Enter now” button on the “Getting Started Stories” page.
- When you publish the story, mark it as public and select the “Getting Started Stories” contest as shown below:
- Confirm your entry has been received by making sure it appears on the “Getting Started Stories” page
We can’t wait to read all your fabulous stories! Have fun, and good luck!